These notes show the minimum number of techniques required to advance to the next grade. You'll also see some 'extension techniques' at the bottom, which are optional for those who wish to take their skills further.
- Yellow Belt Pattern
- Tanjon Breathing
- Striking basics: continue to refine basic strikes, working on turning kicks.
- Breakfalling basics: continue to refine basic breakfalls.
- Build competence in rolling breakfall.
- Basic Hip throw
- Punch-evade 2 - open/closed movement, with takedowns
Core Self Defence
- Breakaway from a double wrist grab x 3
- Breakaway from a double shoulder grab x 2
- Break away from a two handed wrist grab
- Two-handed, single wrist grab: 2 variations (inside & outside swan-lock)
- Single Shoulder Grab from Behind : Pivot inside and under attacker’s arm while simultaneously striking the groin or stomach, reverse hip throw
- Two-handed, double shoulder grab from behind: Step-out, elbow strike, trip over thigh.
- Belt Grab (Pulling) : Secure arm, take balance, hip throw.
Extension Self Defence
- Cross-hand, single wrist grab: 2 variations (Armbar , Boochae)
- Two-handed, double wrist grab (rear) 'Windmills': or small persons mule kick to Boochae
- Belt Grab (Pushing): secure hand, use downward pressure with knuckles or hand to take down.
- Belt Grab (No Pressure): Secure wrist, strike forearm, arm-break or escort hold to finish.
- Leg lift & calf lock
- Leg lift from rear bear-hug (arms trapped)