These notes show the minimum number of techniques required to advance to the next grade. You'll also see some 'estension techniques' at the bottom, which are optional for those who wish to extend their skills.
- White Belt Pattern
- Tanjon Breathing
- Striking basics: front, round and side kicks, basic jab and reverse punch.
- Breakfalling basics: front, back, and side
- Punch-evade exercise - open/closed movement
Core Self Defence
- Breakaway from a single wrist grab x2
- Breakaway from a cross hand grab
- Breakaway from a single shoulder grab
- Straight-arm lapel grab: Double-wrist grab, step under & behind, take to ground
- Two-handed double shoulder grab: Basic arm-bar technique
- Same-side shoulder grab: Basic swan-lock technique
- Cross-hand, single wrist grab: Basic back-drop technique
- Bear Hug from Behind (arms free): Basic leg lift technique
Extension Self Defence
- Same-side, single wrist grab: 2 variations (inside step and outside step)
- Double rear shoulder grab: Basic arm-bar technique
- Bully Grab - Bent-arm lapel grab: arm scissor lock to backdrop
- Bully Grab - Bent-arm lapel grab: elbow lift, pull far shoulder to take down
- Same Side Sleeve Grab: Rotate the hand clockwise around the Attacker’s wrist, press down with the blade of the hand against the inside of the attacker’s wrist, step back and take down.
- Cross Hand Grab: Grab wrist with both hands, inside pivot through under arm, project attacker to ground while releasing wrist (this requires good back break fall skills which may be beyond the capability of the student).