These notes show the minimum number of techniques required to advance to the next grade. You'll also see some 'estension techniques' at the bottom, which are optional for those who wish to extend their skills.
- Black Tip pattern
- Tanjon Breathing
- Speed and power drills
- Jumping kicks: side kick, round kick, turning back kick
- Finishes: triangle choke, arm bar, cross face choke
- Intermediate freestyle grappling for 3 minutes
- Reaping throws
- Introduction to walking stick: stance, grip, strikes
- Block using stick.
- 2 x throw using stick.
- Self-defence flow drill 3: transitions between locks against prone opponent, incl leg locks.
Core Self Defence
- Scarf hold escape
- Knife short lunge to stomach: 3 variations
- Knife long lunge to stomach
- Choke against wall
- Reverse punch against wall
Extension Self Defence
- Knife overhead attack
- Knife slashes x 2
- Additional wall techniques x 4: student uses any previous self defence techniques as appropriate.