These notes show the minimum number of techniques required to advance to the next grade. You'll also see some 'estension techniques' at the bottom, which are optional for those who wish to extend their skills.
- Blue belt pattern
- White and Yellow Belt Pattern
- Tanjon Breathing
- Extend striking skills: spinning kicks, crescent kicks, elbows & knees.
- Basic grappling positions
- Move between side mount, guard, and mount.
- Arm throw
- Blocking with the belt against a punch and kick
- Blocking with the stick: open, closed, kick
- Basic strikes with the stick
- Three step sparring drill, with kicking only
Core Self Defence
- Side-by-side sleeve pull: side kick to knee
- Cross-hand, single wrist grab: Basic back-drop technique with leg sweep
- Double rear wrist grab: step back to side, circle arms up, wrist lock grab and execute irish whip
- Two handed shove from front: stomach throw
- Choke on ground, from one side: armbar
Extension Self Defence
- Side-by-side sleeve pull: 3 variations (steep in leg sweep, elbow to chest / front leg lift/jump in leg scissors)
- Cross-hand grab: step up under arm and irish whip
- Two handed shove from front: sacrifice throw